Sunday, March 25, 2012

Versatile Blogger Awards



I was just recently was nominated by one of my new Foodie friends from Smitten Kitchen for the Versatile Blogger Award . I am very honored and excited that someone would take the time to send me a shot out.  This is my first nomination and I can't be more surprised and honored :)


Here are the rules for the Versatile Blog Award:
  •  Thank the person who gave you this award. 
  •  Include a link to their blog.
  •  Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. 
  •  Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
  •  Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself. 
There are also a few add-on rules:
  • In the same post, include this set of rules. 
  • Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs
So, what is the Versatile Blogger Award?  ”It is a great way to introduce different bloggers to each other and to promote quality blogs that awardees and their readers may not have discovered otherwise.”
Here are my 15 nominees, please check them out for some amazing recipes and photos!

The 7 Random Things about me?

1. I am a natural Red head and I have never dyed my hair, I was threatened as a child by my Nana to never do it and I have been scared ever since. 
2. I learned to play ping pong while deployed to Iraq and UAE and found out I was pretty good at it.
3. I prefer hot climates to cold climates. I rather be in 115 degree weather than anything under 32 degrees
4. I know how to order something with no meat at a restaurant in Japanese.  Oniku Nashi de Onegaishimasu, wa tashiwa betetarian. I get patted on the head a lot by locals for saying it in japanese :) They are really impressed when an American actually tries to speak their language. 
5. I'm a bad flyer, I don't like flying at all. Although I'm in the Air Force, Ironic right?
6. I'm a huge Billy Joel fan, I started listening to him when I was 12. when other girls were listening to backstreet boys, I was listening to Billy Joel. 
7. If I wasn't in the Air Force, I would probably be a competitive runner. 

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I'm hoping you win!! After reading this post, I've discovered we have a lot more in common than food. I was born a redhead, but I confess, dye my hair. I grew up in the Air Force and, even after all the flying we did whenever we moved, I am a terrible flyer (I have a whole list of things I'd rather do than fly). And I love Billy Joel (how could you not?). I also have to tell you "thank you for serving" before I leave. Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Stephanie for all your kind words, we do have a lot in common. I agree with the flying i have such bad anxiety whenever i know i got to deploy somewhere. I rather almost do anything else than fly. Where was your family stationed at while you grew up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were stationed at McConnell AFB, Ramstein AFB, and Craig AFB (now closed). My mom is from South Dakota and when my dad was sent to Thailand (during the Vietnam war), we came back to live near her family. My parents divorced during this time, but my dad continued in his career with the Air Force and retired a Master Sargeant. I think his last base assignment was Offutt AFB. I was able to see so many great places in the US and Europe and there's still nothing like the site of dress blues!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats pretty cool, you've traveled a lot. I've been trying for the last 8 years to get stationed in Europe. So far the closest I've came is japan. Hopefully someday I can make it to Europe :)

      Delete
  4. Thank you, sweetie =)) I was shocked when I read your comment =)) We have a lot in common, from red hair to preferred climate. This was fun!!! BTW - I too, nominate YOU for the Versatile Blogger Award ;-) "And the beat goes on" lol {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your so very welcome, and thank you for it back :)

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for nominating me! I am really happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the award,Neshanne! Glad to know you more & you look terrific with your red hair & cute face too. I was born & raised in a warm climate so I do understand what you mean! Thank you so much for thinking of me & nominating this lovely award! I do appreciate it . And again Domo - Arigato dear,Neshanne! Have a lovely day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Douitashimashite (your welcome) and thank you for the sweet comments. I miss being warm, the only time I get sent to a warm climate is when I have to the deploy to the desert. you would think after sending me to AK for 4 years the AF would be kind enough to send me to Hawaii or Spain lol. oh well. have a great day!

      Delete
  7. Thank you so much for nominating us Neshanne! We are just starting out in the blogging community, so it means a lot! I love the idea of sharing more about yourself, and sharing the blog love! We will be following your blog now, looking for some recipes that we can veganize :)
    Thanks so much again, I hope you get to go somewhere tropical next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ali and Ann, your so welcome I really enjoy your blog and I too have just started out and love sharing recipes and finding ones I can vegetize myself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for this award. I loved reading your list. I will have to share with my husband. he will appreciate someone in the airforce not liking flying. When you have a chance come by and check out my list. Thanks again much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea, glad u got the award :) I will for sure come by and check it out.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...