Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Ultimate Cookies & Cream Cupcake


Starting on Thursday I like to take a poll at work and find out what kind of cupcake I should make on the weekend that I will eventually bring in on Monday to share with everyone.

Oreo's were the chosen ingredient this week.  I didn't want to make just a regular Oreo cupcake, if I was going to use Oreo's I wanted to go over the top.  I wanted Oreo in the batter, Oreo in the frosting and something Oreo stuffed in the middle of the cupcake.

On my lunch break at work I love to drool over food blogs, it's amazing how many are out there.  I found this awesome blog called Love From the Oven and she had the brillant idea of using Oreos mashed together with cream cheese and made into a truffel to place in the middle of the batter.
Now I had all my components for the ultimate cookies & cream cupcake :)

If you are an Oreo lover then this cupcake is for you!


The Ultimate Cookies & Cream Cupcake
For the cake portion Adapted From Better Homes and Gardens Special Interest Publications 2012

Bake Time: 19 Minutes
Yields: 30 Cupcakes

Ingredients 
3/4 Cup Butter 
3 Eggs
2 1/2 Cups Flour
2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 Cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 Cups Almond Milk
3/4 Cup crushed Oreos (using a food processor is the easiest way for me)

Oreo Truffel Filling

Ingredients
12 Oreo's 
2 oz Cream Cheese
* Use a food processor to grind up oreos and then combine by hand with the cream cheese until fully mixed and formed into a big ball. 

Directions
Let your eggs and butter sit at room temperature for at least 45 min. 
Preheat oven to 350 F and line a two cupcake tins with cupcake liners.
In a medium bowl mix your dry ingredients together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside. 
In a electric mixer on medium high beat the butter for 30 seconds and add your sugar until combined and looks light and fluffy about 2 min. Beat in your eggs one at a time until fully combined.  Alternately add you flour mixture and almond milk to the batter until just combined. Fold in the oreos with a spoon or spatula.
To fill your cupcake liners add a small scoop of batter into a liner and take a tablespoon of truffel from your oreo ball and roll it into a ball and place on top of the batter. Scoop in more batter until 3/4 full and bake for 19 Min. Let cool on a wire rack.

Oreo Butter Frosting
Adapted From Better Homes and Gardens Special Interest Publications 2012
Ingredients
1 Cup butter at room temp for at least 45 min. 
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (clear if you want the frosting bright white)
8 Cups powdered sugar
1/4 Cups whipping cream 
2-3 Tablespoons extra whipping cream to help thin out the frosting
3/4 Cups crushed Oreo (using a food processor is the easiest way for me)

Directions
Using a electric mixer beat the butter on  medium high for 30 seconds. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla and dash of salt.
Mix until combined.  Gradually add 4 cups powdered sugar until combined.  Add 1/4 cup whipping cream and 4 more cups of powdered sugar and beat until combined.  Add 2 to 3 more tablespoons of whipping cream until the frosting is smooth and fluffy and at the pipping consistency your want. Add in 3/4 cup crushed oreo and stir until fully combined with frosting.


11 comments:

  1. OH MY... these look dangerously delicious!!! I could eat so many!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol me too! thats why I must take these to work today, to deadly for my waist to have around the kitchen. But hey thats what weekends are for ;)

      Delete
  2. These look like they might be right up my alley. It's so funny, though, because I've never been a big oreo fan until I became a diabetic. I had to cut out all extra carbs from everything and I discovered the sugar free oreos. Now I have to have them :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally know how you feel. I guess that figure of speech is true, you always want what you can't have. I'm sensitive to dairy and all I want is cheese and ice cream :)

      Delete
  3. Very nice! I totally love how you incorporated 2 different recipes to make your own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dawnye, thanks so much for the sweet comment :)

      Delete
  4. Oh, nice! Those look wickedly delightful! Must. Try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Becca, they are pretty wicked thank goodness I work with 20 + guys. I had to pawn these off before I could eat to many.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love anything cookies & cream!! These look delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too, its one of my favorite ice creams as well =)

      Delete
  7. VERY cool!! Have been hankering for an Oreo lately ... perhaps sprinkled generously over vanilla ice cream.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...