Friday, March 30, 2012

Island Hummus Pizza

This is a fun and favorite pizza that me and my husband love to make. It was actually inspired by a trip to Guam. He was deployed (more like took a vacation) to Guam a couple of years ago while I was back at our home station in Alaska.
 We didn't want to miss our first anniversary due to his deployment so I decided to fly to Guam for a couple of weeks to celebrate  and take a little vacation myself. After I left, he had to stay to finish out his deployment..cough umm "vacation" he went to an outdoor pizza grill with some friends and had mentioned to the chef that he was vegetarian, the cook made him something special with hummus and sweet red chili sauce. Once my husband returned from Guam he wanted to recreate it. So this is the Guam inspired island hummus pizza.

Island Hummus Pizza
Oishii Treat Original 

Bake Time: 15-18 Minutes
Ingredients
1 package of pre made thin crust pizza (I bought the 3 small thin crust pack, but you can buy the large size)
3 Tablespoons Roasted Red Pepper Hummus for each small pizza. (9 Tbs total)
1 Tablespoon of Sweet Chili sauce for each small pizza (3 Tbs total) you can usually find it in the Asian food section of your local grocery store. 
1/4 Red Onion sliced
1/2 Avocado Sliced
1/4 Cup chopped Cilantro
1/2 Tomato sliced
2 Limes

Directions 
Preheat Oven to 350 degrees. 
To assemble the pizza(s) First take 3 Tbs Hummus and using the back of a spoon ,spread evenly over crust.  Add 1 Tbs of Red chili sauce and carefully spread on top of hummus with the back of the spoon. Sprinkle with cilantro and squeeze a little lime on top and add your onions, tomatoes, and avocados. 

                                        
 Place on the middle rack of your oven and bake for 15-18 minutes.


16 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a new one! Interesting. I'll have to try it sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope do Patty or maybe next game night we can make the pizza :)

      Delete
  2. Awesome & original recipe§ Great inspiration using avocado!! We make pizzas almost every weekend so I'm gonna try your recipe this weekend! Ya, Guam sounds more like vacation to me! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you glad you like it :) I love making pizza's one of these days I need to make my own crust.

      Delete
  3. OMGoodness! yummm =)) You really sparked my interest with this one!!! I now have three new recipes for next week, and I can't wait to taste them all, lol =)) So, what sweets are you baking this weekend? hehe

    PS - I really LOVE the last photo on this post, it's awesome!!! ;-)

    {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol you already know me to well Tess, I think I might make baked donuts tomorrow :) yum. I can't wait for berry picking season to get here so I can make that beautiful raspberry jam you made the other day.

      Delete
  4. you have been nominated for a versatile blogger award. go to http://chefpeterskitchen.blogspot.com/ for details.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great recipe. A lot of good flavors and healthy too. I'd fold it in half and gobble it up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks awesome! As a gluten free vegan, I make homemade pizza all the time - but this is certainly a new spin on it. So the avocado did okay in the oven? I would think it would get brown? It looks SO YUMMY! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi thanks, yeah the avocado did well in the oven, it has a couple of dark lines and the longer its in the more it will brown, but anything under 15 min. does just fine :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...