Friday, March 9, 2012

Roasted Red Pepper Hummus

 One of my favorite recipes to prepare is homemade hummus.  Its not only easy but it also makes an exactly dip for chips, vegetables and spreads for sandwiches. I love making a tomato, spinach and red onion sandwich with a healthy dose of hummus spread all over my bread.  I know a lot of friends and family were asking for the recipe and here it is.  Have fun making it, the best thing about hummus is you can add all types of spices and veggies to make it your own.

What you will need




Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
By Oishii Treats orignal recipe

Yields about 1 1/2 cups

Time: 15 Minutes       Chill time: 1 Hour

Ingredients

1 Can drained and rinsed Garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
3/4 teaspoons minced garlic
2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
2 Tablespoons Water
2 Tablespoons Olive oil
2 Tablespoons Tahini paste (sesame seed paste) * you can usually find it in the asian food aisle
1/4 teaspoon pepper
pinch of sea salt
1/3 cup roasted red peppers

Directions

add all of your ingredients except the roasted red peppers into your food processor. Press the chop button and mix together.



 Once everything is combined add your roasted red peppers and grind/chop the ingredients until fully mixed. sprinkle a little paprika on top and chill for an hour and enjoy.



3 comments:

  1. I love making my own hummus! I like knowing what goes into it. This one looks super yummy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I started to make my own hummus last year and I found it to be so much better than the store bought hummus

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummmm! I've been meaning to try homemade hummus for SO long - I think it's finally time! This looks awesome :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...