Sunday, March 11, 2012

Pumpkin Roll w/ Cinnamon Cream Cheese Filling

Mmmm can you say pumpkin roll! who says that pumpkin dessert is only good in the fall...nope not this girl.  I will happily keep making pumpkin dessert all through the year.  Its also the one treat that my Nana likes to bribe me with. Yes I did say she bribes me with pumpkin roll...why does she have to bribe me with dessert you say? she believes that by bribing me with her delicious, moist, lip smacking pumpkin roll that I will make sure to visit her house first every time I'm home on leave from the military and guess what, it always works.  Since I don't get to come home as often as I like, I keep having withdrawals for my favorite dessert.  So for Christmas my wonderful Nana gave me a recipe book with all her amazing cookies and desserts that she makes for the holidays including my oh so favorite pumpkin roll. and when I start feeling nostalgic for home I like to whip it up in the kitchen.


Pumpkin Roll w/ Cinnamon Cream Cheese Filling
By Oishii Treats (my great Aunt Wilmas recipe)

Prep Time: 15 Min.  Bake Time: 14 Min.  Total: 30 Min. 

Ingredients 

3 Large eggs
1 Cup sugar
2/3 Cup pumpkin puree
3/4 Cup flour
1 teaspoon Lemon juice
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
2 teaspoons Pumpkin pie spice

Directions

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
Grease a jelly roll pan or a cookie sheet with sides and set aside. 
Mix all of your ingredients together in a medium bowl, you can either use a whisk or electric mixer.  
Pour mixture into your greased pan and place it in the oven for 14 minutes. 
Once done cool cake, and turn out on a tea towel sprinkled with powdered sugar. 

Filling

4 Tablespoons butter (or margarine)
1 teaspoon Vanilla 
1 Cup powdered sugar
1 8oz Package of cream cheese
1 teaspoon cinnamon 

Directions

Mix all ingredients in a electric mixer until fluffy. 
Spread cake with filling, place a piece of parchment paper or wax paper at the end of the towel the cake is on.  After spreading the filling, roll the cake until it goes onto the wax or parchment paper (make sure to have some powered sugar on the paper to prevent sticking). Place roll in the refrigerator or freezer.  


4 comments:

  1. This one sounds so good, reminds me of something my grandma would make around the holidays. Excited to try it

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, recipes like this always remind me of my nana, especially Christmas cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your roll looks absolutely perfect! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks delicious. I'm still getting my head around the 'pumpkin as sweets' concept. I know it's popular in the States, but not so much in Australia. Will put this on my 'recipes to try' list. The cream cheese filling looks and sounds beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...