I had set it down on the counter and went to retrive a container from the top cabinet when I closed the door, my elbow came down on the blender knocking it off the counter smashing it into a million pieces onto the kitchen floor. Truthfully though the minute it happen the first thing the popped into my head was...YES I can order a new blender! YAY lol plus since it was truly a mistake, because who would want shards of glass all over their floor at 4 in the morning? I was happy to know I can finally order a new and much better blender.
So I barely had time to clean it up before having to go to work to wear a gas mask for over 2 straight hours! oh yeah, for 2 hours we were sucking plastic just sitting, sweating and miserable. It's really gross when you start becoming so hot that your breath is fogging up your mask and there is condensation building up on the inside..nasty.
oh yeah thats me in the gear and all. Sweating up a storm in my officeLuckily I was looking forward to my crock pot mushroom chili. I couldn't eat take out anymore and had to bring out the crock pot and slow cook this chili the day before while I was at work for 12 hours. There was nothing like coming home last night and immediately smelling the delicious aroma from the elevator door. Plus I had a great lunch to take to work today. Though I had to wait till my gas mask was off the eat it =)
Portobello Mushroom Chili
Adapted From Allrecipes.com submitted by the gourmetguy
Cook Time: 8-12 hours in a Crock Pot
2 Yellow Onions diced
2 cloves garlic minced
1 Tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 1/2 pounds portobello mushrooms, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (or your favorite mushrooms)
1 (28 ounce) can of intalian style diced tomatoes
2 cans of Red kidney beans
salt to taste
1/2 teaspoon pepper
Add all the ingredients into your crock pot, stir to mix everything up and set on low for 8-12 hours. 8 is plenty of time, but it can slow cook longer depending when you get off work.
I also haven't had the proper time to truly say thank you to Maggie at Kitchie Coo she had passed on the Kreativ blogger and Sunshine award to me last week and I just now had the time to sit down and express how honored and excited I was to find that she would think of me. Thank you Maggie =)
By the way I love her blog so much, there is always a tasty recipe I'm drooling over every time I visit her page.
For the Sunshine award I'm supposed to answer the questions below and pass it on to 10 other bloggers and for the Kreativ blogger award I'm supposed to give a random fact about myself.
1. Favorite Color- It use to be blue but now its purple
2. Favorite Animal- Wolf
3. Favorite Number- 12 thats been my favorite number since I was in grade school
4. Favorite non-alcoholic drink- Funny its the same as Maggie at Kitchie coo, seltzer water
5. Prefer Facebook or Twitter- Facebook, I have no idea how to use my Japanese cell phone
6. My Passion- Traveling and food. I like that in the military I've visited countries that I probably would have never seen in my life if I didn't enlist.
7. Prefer getting or giving presents- I love giving presents to family and friends. I like making gift baskets during the holidays that are customized for each person.
8. Favorite Pattern- um tie dye? not really
9. Favorite day of the week- Friday, can't wait to get out of work and start the weekend
10. Favorite Flower- Lilac I love the color and the scent
Random Fact about me
I cannot manipulate my fingers to make the Live long and Prosper sign like Spock does in Star Trek lol.
I would like to pass this wonderful award package onto these 10 great bloggers.
Tess at Slow Cooking Kitchen, Kit from I lost in Austen, Richard at What's Cooking at Richards?, CJ Food Stories, Kaitlin at The Garden Grazer, Eating with Zombies , Annie What's Annie Making?, Jessica at A Kitchen Addiction , Becca at Keep Guessing, Dawyne No Ideas