Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Spicy Fajita Quesadillas


I can never get enough cheese, beans and avocado add some onions and peppers wrapped in a delicious tortilla and I'm in heaven. Sadly I'm a little late on the Cinco De Mayo party this year but I gotta say I love Mexican food/ Tex Mex you name it. Its so quick and easy to make something delicious wrapped in a tortilla on those night (like last night) when you don't feel like cooking a big meal. Plus mexican food is so easy to make without meat, you don't notice the meat missing when you have a tortilla packed with fiber and protein rich beans and tons of sautéed veggies.

Spicy Fajita Quesadillas
By Oishii Treats

Ingredients
1 (15oz) can black beans, drained
2 large flour tortillas (your favorite brand)
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1/2 Red Onion
1/2 Red Pepper
1/2 Green Pepper
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 Chipotle Pepper in adoba sauce
2 teaspoons adoba sauce (from the same can the peppers are in)
1/4 teaspoon Ancho chili powder or chili powder
1 Cup Chili garlic Tillamook cheddar cheese (Shredded)
1 Cup Shedder Cheese (Shredded)
1/4 Avocado

*Not shown Olive oil and Ancho Chili Powder

Thinly Slice your red onion, red pepper and green pepper

Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to a large sauté pan on medium high heat and cook the veggies for 6-8 minutes. 

While the veggies are sautéing take you can of black beans (drained) and add to a microwavable safe bowl, chop 1 chipotle pepper in adoba sauce add to bb, add your garlic, ancho chili powder and extra adoba sauce to the black beans and mix well. Microwave for 2 1/2 minutes
Mash the black beans until you get the same consistency as refried beans, set aside till the veggies are done.

after veggies are done, assemble the quesadilla. only add to one side of the tortilla layer first with cheese, beans, veggies, more cheese and fold in half


Using the same pan you sauteed the veggies in, cook each side of your quesadilla for 3-4 minutes


Top it off with some sliced avocado and enjoy






 














20 comments:

  1. I'm with you on never getting enough cheese, beans, and avocados! I was just thinking that I wanted to make some kind of quesadilla for supper tonight, then I saw your post! I bet my husband wouldn't even miss the meat! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. isn't quesadillas awesome, I bet you could totally get away with no meat and your husband may never notice ; )

      Delete
  2. Yum!! And look at your photography coming along so well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's perfect for one of those days, when you want something fast and easy but with some kick! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! plus any excuse to use chipotle pepper and I'm in :)

      Delete
  4. My husband just loves Mexican food, and I only just started actually cooking more and more Mexican dishes. Your right! They go together so simple, don't have to have meat (which I don't eat) and usually have most of the ingredients on hand. And do you find that most Mexican foods travel well, you can whip together and take with you in a pinch. Kids will be starting baseball in the next couple of weeks and we are always on the run from one game to the next. And of course always running late for dinner.
    Thanks for your recipe to try, appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah mexican food is usually my go to meal when I don't feel like measuring out ingredients and making a big meal, you just sauté (heck sometimes you don't even have to saute just microwave some beans and cut up some veggies, dont forget the cheese, wrap it up in a tortilla and yum! good luck during baseball season. I'm on my squadrons softball team, so they will diffidently be some long nights too.

      Delete
  5. Oh wow! Me too, can't get enough of all those cheese, beans but avocado is quite new to me. But since I know your blog I use more avocado! It's simply amazing how good they taste when associated with the right ingredients! These looks absolutely appetizing! Just love all your awesome recipes & love to try these too. Have a lovely day, dear Neshanne! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. : ) Your are too sweet Kit, thank you! I love that you like avocado now. I remember being a kid and hating avocado, until I became older my taste buds changed and now I can't get enough of it. I'm sure you have the same problem as us in Japan where your supermarket might not always carry it, cause its not a local produce.

      Delete
  6. This looks beautiful. I love all the bright colors and the fanned avocado on top ... Brilliant :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! This sounds so good right now... love me some Mexican food, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this looks DELISH!!! Great combo of ingredients =))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmm ... just had burritos for dinner last night ~ it's the only Tex-Mex dinner I know hw to do. But in future I could make this recipe part of my repertoire. Thx for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mmm Burritos another fav of mine, hope you enjoy making quesadillas. :)

      Delete
  10. I'm such a savory breakfast person (over sweet things) and I love avocados - this is perfect for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jen, If you like savory for breakfast try swapping out the tortilla for some roasted potatoes topping it off with beans and cheese. = ) made it last week for breakfast and it was great. I love avocados too!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...