I know I've been MIA for a long 2 months, but I can now officially call myself a bona fide Paralegal! (I have the badge and certificate to prove it ; ) I've spent most of the long hot summer in Montgomery Alabama, studying and pouring over legal books to finish my retraining in the Air Force. Though it was nice to go back to the states for a little bit I'am finally back in Japan and happy to be cooking and baking in my kitchen once again.
Chocolate Ganche filled Banana Cupcakes with Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting
Adapted and inspired by Better Homes and Gardens Special Interest Publication 2012
3/4 cup Butter
3 cups All purpose Flour
1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
3/4 teaspoons Salt
1/4 teaspoons Baking Soda
3/4 cup Mashed ripe banana (about 2 medium)
1/3 cup Almond Milk
1/4 cup Sour Cream
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1 cup Sugar
- Preheat your oven for 350 degrees and line two cupcake pans with paper liners
- Allow butter and eggs to at room temperature for 30 minutes
- In a medium bowl combine your flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda together in a medium bowl and set aside
- In a small bowl combine the mashed bananas, almond milk, sour cream and vanilla
- In a large mixing bowl beat the butter for 30 seconds, gradually add the sugar about 1/4 at a time, beating on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Alternately add your flour mixture and banana mixture to the mixing bowl, beating on low speed until just combined.
- Fill your paper liners till 3/4 full and bake for 17 minutes, immediately remove from oven and place on a cooling rack.
1 cup Whipping Cream
12 ounces bittersweet Dark Chocolate
- In a medium sauce pan bring whipping cream just to a boil over medium high heat. Remove from heat and add chocolate (no not stir) let stand for 5 minutes. Stir until smooth, cool for 15 minutes in the fridge
- Make a hole in the middle of your cupcakes (I used a 1/2 teaspoon to scoop out the inside of the cake)
- Fill a pipping bag with your ganche and fill your cupcakes
Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting
1/2 cup Butter (1 stick)
6 oz Cream Cheese
5 cups Powder Sugar
1/4 teaspoons Coconut Extract
3/4 Tablespoon Coconut Milk
- In a electric mixer beat the butter and cream cheese together
- Add in the coconut milk and extract beat until combined
- Add the powder sugar 1/2 cup at a time until combined, scraping the side of the bowl when need.
- Fill a pipping bag and frost your cupcakes.