Friday, December 7, 2012

Double Dipped Eggnog Glazed Baked Donuts



It appears I've been on a little bit of an eggnog kick lately. 

Though I have a very good reason why, I honestly never drink it.
 I get so excited to see anything christmassy at the grocery store every year, that I don't care what it is, no matter if I like it or not I will buy it just for the nostalgia of the holidays.....i.e. Pumpkin spice creamer, canned pumpkin puree, gingerbread tea, eggnog and even fruit cake (okay I lied about the fruit cake, I will still not eat that) 

Even though I only like eggnog for the first 2 sips.  I don't want to see it go to waste, so why not incorporate eggnog in all my favorite recipes. 


Double Dipped Eggnog Glazed Donuts
Adapted from  Food.com
Yields: 18 Donuts

Ingredients

 1/2 cups + 2 tablespoons butter at room temp
1 1/4 cups sugar
2 eggs
3 cups flour
4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup milk

Directions

- Preheat oven to 350 degrees 
- In a electric mixer, combine the soften butter and sugar together, mix for 2-3 minutes
- Add the eggs and mix until blended
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, salt, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix until combined
- Add milk to the batter and mix, the dough should start getting thick and slightly sticky
- Using a donut pan, lightly grease the pan with pam or butter, spoon your batter into a pipping bag, snip a hole in the bottom and pipe the batter into each donut mold about half way full
- Bake for 14 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean


Eggnog Glaze

Ingredients

1/3 cup butter
4 tablespoons eggnog
2 cups powdered sugar

*Double the recipe to glaze all donuts

Directions

Melt the butter in the microwave, add the powdered sugar and eggnog and mix until all the sugar is dissolved  dip you half of you cooled donuts in the glaze.  Let stand for 10 minutes and dip again. or using a large spoon, drizzle the second coating over the donuts. 




I link up to these fun parties and entered my recipe into the Shine Supper Club Holiday treat contest. 

27 comments:

  1. Oh wow! These donuts look so festive & sounds so special with Eggnog Glazing! Love the pictures! Awesome! Have a lovely weekend Neshanne! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kit!, thanks for the lovely comment as always :) I have a very busy weekend, I need to make all my christmas gifts for family back home.

      Delete
  2. These look amazing. I love donuts and eggnog, the two together sound delicious. I have a link party called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop and would love to have you share this with everyone. It runs from Wednesday through midnight Sunday. Here is the link to the party.
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/12/fabric-covered-can-pen-and-pencil.html
    Debi @ Adorned From Above

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debi, I would love to share these over at your blog. Thank you :)

      Delete
  3. That is beautiful and sure delicious and festive too because of Eggnog, You can link it to my Favorite recipes event: Christmas Recipes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a fun event, I will diffidently love to join. Thank you for the invite. :)

      Delete
  4. Those look seriously delicious! Sooo yummy!! Your fabulous pics are making me hungry. Thanks so much for sharing at our Winter Wonders and Holiday Happenings link party! Hope you have a fabulous weekend!
    Tuula :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and the sweet comment. and thank you for hosting the link party. Have a great weekend too :D

      Delete
  5. Hi Neshanne! This donuts are perfect Christmas dessert! Great recipe as usual! All the best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vera, thanks so much, they were a big hit at my office :)

      Delete
  6. Hi Lovely, I'm your new follower from Blog Hop.
    Love your awesome blog. Feel free to check out & follow my blog @ revampspunkyrena.blogspot.com
    xoxo
    Rena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! thanks so much for stopping by and following. i would love to check out your blog. have a great day :)

      Delete
  7. You are loving the nog! These are so cute. I love homemade doughnuts. So good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am, its a weird obsession right now but I love it!

      Delete
  8. Oh my, that looks so good! Thank you so much for participating at SHOW-licious Craft Showcase! http://sew-licious.blogspot.com

    Marti

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic donuts, I've never tried eggnog before. I hang my head, but it's not overly available here, I imagine weird texture which is why I've never bitten the bullet. Thanks for giving me a wee push towards trying it in baking!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma!, you gotta try it just once, it has a thick texture but its not chunky lol. Good luck Emma :)

      Delete
  10. This is a marvelous idea because I am so with you: I love the idea of eggnog, but don't need a whole glass of it. These doughnuts are such a fun, festive way to use up the rest of the carton. (And I really wouldn't mind if someone made these Christmas morning.)

    We are celebrating holiday recipes in this month's Shine Supper Club. A recipe like this would be a perfect contribution. Hope you'll join us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah, thank you I would love to share this recipe at Shine Supper Club, thank you for the invite :D

      Delete
  11. Those sound Amazing!!! I LOVE Eggnog! What a fun unique treat. Thanks so much for sharing at Thursday's Temptation. I am featuring your donuts tonight on my blog!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jill, thanks so much for featuring my blog :D what a great surprise!

      Delete
  12. hi oishii treats! i can't wait to make these. do i use baking powder or baking soda? the ingredient list says baking powder but the instructions says baking soda. please let me know which one. thank you very much! looking forward to making them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sorry for the confusion, its baking powder. I hope you enjoy the donuts, they were a huge hit at my office and people can't stop asking me to make donuts lol.

      Delete
  13. Thanks so much for sharing at Wednesday's Adorned From Above Blog Hop.
    Debi @ Adorned From Above
    Joye and Myrna @ The Busy Bee's
    Linda @ With A Blast

    ReplyDelete
  14. Replies
    1. Hi Seante, I haven't tried using different flour, but I don't see why you couldn't use different flour like cake or wheat flour.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...