Monday, November 12, 2012

Apple Crisp for 2!


You ever have one of those mornings from the minute you wake up everything you touch self destructs. When I have mornings like that right from the start, my first initial thought is" oh man something bad is going to happen today"  because it always starts with the small things.  Like when I was making my husband breakfast, I went into the fridge to grab some salsa and ended dropping 6 eggs on the floor, cracking all but 1.  Next, not even 10 minutes later after making him breakfast, I take my english muffin out of the toaster and start to butter one side and ended up throwing the other end on the dirty kitchen floor that I haven't started cleaning yet from yesterday.... I think I should just stay indoors today because who the heck knows what could happen to me if I walk out my front door.

If you ask me if I would like a slice of Apple Pie or Apple Crisp, 9 times out of 10 I will always pick Apple Crisp.  For me the crust just gets in the way, I prefer the crumbly oaty topping on a crisp.  Also crisp are super fast and easy to whip together.  Just dice an apple up, add your sugar and make your topping in less then 15 minutes and pop it in the oven while you eat dinner.  After dinner you have a delicious hot apple crisp for dessert.  Don't forget to top with some whip cream or ice cream :)


Apple Crisp for 2
Oishii Treat Original

Ingredients

1-2 Apples cored and diced
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
sprinkle of ginger and nutmeg

Crumble Topping

1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
4 tablespoons cold butter

Directions

- Preheat your oven for 350 degrees
- In a small bowl add your diced apples, lemon juice, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger, mix well
- In a food processor or blender add your ingredients for the topping, make sure to cut the cold butter up, it helps mix better.
- In two ramekins, evenly divide your diced apples up and top with your crisp. Bake for 30 minutes



I Link up to these great parties!

10 comments:

  1. I was just thinking it would be perfect with ice cream! This looks like the perfect Winter dessert. I wish I had some right now.. It's 3:30pm and I need a sugar hit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol me too, Im starting to get sleepy and its only 130pm. I think I need to make another batch of apple crisp :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks gorgeous, I'm a big fan of anything apple - great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oishii, when you described one of 'those' days - i couldn't empathize with you more. I guess all we can do is say "hazzah!" for all those dropped eggs, dropped porcelain, shattered glass, and whatnot and eat one of those terrific and easy apple crumbles! Great recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very true Jen, apple crumbles will always make everything better :)

      Delete
  5. Oh yum! This looks fabulous! Hope your day gets better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u Anna, my day did improve. I hope your having a great day.

      Delete
  6. We just got a ton of apples in our CSA and this recipe looks amazing. I love apple crisp and I love that you did the recipe just for two. Perfect!

    ps. totally relate to the occasional destructive morning!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...