Sunday, September 8, 2013

Candy Corn M&M Blondies

Its been a few weeks, I know I can give every excuse in the book, I'll spare you from coming up with a few, like my dog ate my computer....yeah that one diffidently sounds plausible.  I haven't been neglecting my kitchen, trust me I have piles and piles of dishes in the sink to prove it.  I've just been neglecting my little blog.   Yes I've been busy, work is constant but still, I could have taken a few photos of something, but then I get home late and I sit on the couch for 2 seconds and it turns into 2 hours before I have to peel myself off and go to bed.  


But no more! fall is just right around the corner and there are too many awesome apple, squash, pumpkin recipes to share.  I love baking and cooking with fall flavors its part of the reason I love this season so much, its not just for the gorgeous foliage changing and the crisp cool sweater weather its also for all that delicious food.  Kinda like these blondies I wanted to share, I happen to discover candy corn m&m's at the store and immediately added a bag to my basket, didn't even have to think about buying them because I know I was going to make something tasty with these m&ms. 


The blondies are thick, soft and sweet.  The m&m's worked out wonderfully with the blondies instead of doing a chocolate brownie.  Plus it didn't hurt to add some more white chocolate chips to the batter. The batch will make a ton to share with friends, family or take to work, cause trust me you don't want to keep these around the house to long or you will keep circling the kitchen to grab another bite.


Candy Corn M&M Blondies

Ingredients

3 Cups all purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup sugar
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 bag candy corn m&ms
1/2 cup white chocolate chips

Directions

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 9x13 pan and set aside.
2.  In a small bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt, set aside.
3.  Combined butter, brown sugar and sugar in a electric mixer. Mix on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
4.  Add the eggs and vanilla extract to the batter and mix on medium speed until the batter is smooth.
5.  Remove bowl from the mixer and add in your flour, mix with a wooden spoon until just combined.
6.  Stir in the m&ms and white chocolate chips.
7.  Pour batter into your greased pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.  mine took the whole 30 minutes.
8.  Let the blondies cool completely and then cut into squares.

Recipe adapted from Mama Miss



13 comments:

  1. I know it is only September but I am so excited for Halloween this year. We just bought a house and I think we will get lots of trick o treaters. Finally! These look great. I could make these for us to snack on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How exciting a new house! I always look forward to having trick o treaters too, the kids in there costumes are too cute. Thanks so much for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. Getting ready for the fall. Me, too! I'm ready for cooler weather and Halloween treats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to break out all my comfy sweaters. Love the fall weather.

      Delete
  3. What a perfect treat for fall coming up! Great recipe :)

    Happy Blogging!
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh YUM! What an amazing treat! Looks so inviting! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cool :) Love the colours. I tried to make blondies once and it didn't end well unfortunately. Perhaps I will have more luck with these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cass, I know how you feel, I hope you have more luck with this recipe :)

      Delete
  6. I love blondies and who can resist M&M's? Not me! I haven't seen the candy corn variety so I'll have to take a closer look next time I'm at the store! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum!! Love the adaptation - genius :) xx Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've got a batch in the oven now. The grand kids come for dinner here and then trick-or-treat together after. This is tonight's dessert to add to their sugar holiday sugar high. ;)

    PS - you forgot to include the 4 eggs in the recipe. Luckily I was able to go to Mama Miss to find out how many eggs were needed.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...